Monday, July 25, 2011

LETTER A

This past weekend we started an alphabet craft project that will last approximately 26 weeks, give or take a few depending on the number of ideas I can come up with for each letter and if we’re traveling or not.

My apologies in advance for the crappy pictures, we left our good camera at my brother in-law & sister in-law's house and I just realized that the camera eye on my iPod was quite smudged.

Obviously the first letter was A, so on Saturday we made apple prints using half an apple and some finger paint. She and I did the craft while James was still golfing, when he got home he asked her what kind of craft she did with mommy and she told him, “We painted with apples!” So even though she was a little more interested in finger painting than apple printing, she still got what I was trying to accomplish so that’s a success in my book.
From Jul 9, 2011
From Jul 9, 2011
From Jul 9, 2011
From Jul 9, 2011


Sunday afternoon we made an ant out of fuzzy colored cotton ball type thingys (technical term) – I drew an outline of an ant and then filled it in with glue and planned for her to go to town sticking the balls on, unfortunately they didn’t stick with the Elmer’s glue so I had to bust out the hot glue gun and help her a bit more than I had planned. And while I was getting the glue gun and waiting for it to heat up she kind of lost interest but she still stuck most of the fuzzy things on herself while I handled attaching the legs and antennae. This task was actually pretty stressful for me, trying to make sure she didn’t touch the glue when trying to pick up the fuzzy ball thingy and trying not to burn myself with the glue gun proved to be quite difficult.

This might be the oddest looking ant ever but I’m terrible at drawing so we didn’t exactly start with the best outline.
From Jul 9, 2011
James also made her a paper airplane and tried to show her how to fly it but she was tired and wasn’t interested, we’ll keep trying that this week though.

We also looked at the letter A flash card (a birthday gift from her buddy Nathan) which had an alligator, which for some reason she called “Uncle Mike”, an anteater, an apple and an ant on it… hopefully by the end of the week she’ll recognize the letter A.

No comments: