Savannah is 12 weeks old today!
And, she slept through the night last night...oh wait, *I* slept through the night thanks to James. Our good little 4 1/2 to 5 hour stretch sleeper has vanished and has been replaced by a baby that sleeps for maybe 2 hours at a time. This has been going on almost a week now, the first day I was exhausted but by the 3rd day I learned to get by on a nights worth of 3 or 4 90 minute naps. I know this sounds like James isn't doing anything except sleeping but that's not true, a lot of times I just don't even bother waking him up. I can hear her crying with or without the monitor so even if he is tending to her I am awake, I just can't block it out.
I don't know why her sleep pattern is all out of whack but I'm reading everything I can to try to fix the problem. I'm assuming that she isn't adjusting well to all the change in her life, she went from being with me all day, every day for 10 weeks to only being with me in the evenings and on weekends. It breaks my heart to think that the adjustment hasn't been easy on her either. She's also done with being swaddled, little Houdini can break out of what we think are our tightest swaddles ever in no time flat. So that might be contributing to the problem, but we did get 5 more weeks out of swaddling than all the books say we should so we can't complain.
Other than her bad sleeping as of late she seems to be right on track developmentally, at least according to the various websites and e-mail newsletters I receive. She has to started to put her hands in her mouth and try to suck on them but she isn't quite fascinated with them yet but she knows they are there and she can hold her head up on her own about 98% of the time. She coos, 'talks' snd smiles, all of which melt your heart and force you to shower her with kisses, and loves to kick and play on her changing table and activity gym mat. We think we she laughed Monday morning but she hasn't done it since so we don't have confirmation.
1 comment:
have you tried reading the book 'Baby Wise' yet? Heather and Nikki swear by it and I've heard from a bunch of others that it works as well. I'm reading it now… maybe that will help with the sleeping :)
Post a Comment