Friday, June 21, 2013

The 'Hamas

Holy blogging hiatus, nearly a year since my last post!  Shame, shame.  At one point I had a Post-it note list of items to be blogged stuck inside my iPad case, but I haven’t seen it in a while and I think the toddler in our house may have permanently relocated it.  And if you didn't know, toddlers no likey change.  If she asked me one time why the blue piece of paper was there she asked me a thousand times.


Anywho.

Let’s go back to last July. Yes, that far back.

Actually, we’ll have to go back to May because that’s where this story starts with this text.



Hmmm, a basically free trip to the Bahamas?  Let me think about that for a nanosecond. Yes, we’re in.  To be honest, James and I were definitely in but we had to give some thought to taking our precious babe along because we weren't sure WE were ready to take her on her first flight and there’s that pesky little problem of not having a passport.  They say to allow 6 weeks to receive your passport; we had about 8 weeks which meant we had to get on it right away.  There is a lot to the story of obtaining said passport that I’m not even going to mention because it’s boring but I will give you some advice - if you have to apply in person for a passport I highly recommend you go to the website, find out what you need and compile it all in an envelope before you go to the passport office and waste everyone’s time.  When our number was finally called we were at the desk for no more than 5 minutes, the 8 people before us spent at least 20 minutes each and left without actually applying.  After one tiny snafu, we got her passport a mere week before we were to leave.  PHEW!

SO (I’m great at dragging out stories.), off we went to the Bahamas!

She looks thrilled, does she not?  It was EARLY and I don’t think either she or I were thrilled about that tiny plane!

I have to say, she did amazing on the flight. It definitely helped that we were at an executive airport so there was no waiting, no security, etc. We walked in, filled out some customs paperwork and waited for the other passengers to arrive.  We were a little nervous because she was freshly potty trained and there was no bathroom on board. Somewhere over the Atlantic she needed to go potty.  Thankfully we had the foresight to pack some pull-ups in our bag so we put that on her and when we landed we found out she hadn't even gone in the pull-up, success!
Gummie Bears at 7 a.m., yes please! 
And Doritos?  This is awesome!



Unfortunately the flights in and out of that little airport only run on Thursday, Friday and Sunday and we didn't have enough vacation time to stay for the entire week so we had to go home Sunday.  But, we thoroughly enjoyed our short time in paradise!  The house they rented was amazing and we loved tooling around our little island in golf carts and going island hopping via boat.  The only bad part about the trip was the night we lost power for a few hours but even that wasn't so bad, we all just sat around the pool enjoying the sea breeze and each other’s company.

Not a bad view.



Softest sand.










No comments: