We visited the zoo! And we learned that, despite having a child that could potentially love the zoo, we are still not 'zoo people'. Elephants are elephants are elephants no matter how many times you see them. Am I right? We ended up spending a lot of time feeling sorry for the single animals - one cheetah, one wolf, one deer. Seriously, one deer. I saw two deer in my best friend's backyard the other day and guess what; she doesn't live at a zoo. Regardless of the fact that we are not zoo people we had a great time and we even invited Uncle Andy to join us, he is a zoo person.




lone wolf

flamingos

If you look really closely you can see the sad, single cheetah behind the largest tree (just to the left of center). Can't see it? Don't worry not many other zoo patrons could either. I guess if I were the worlds fastest animal and didn't have much room to run I would sulk behind a tree too.

elephant

We really did have high hopes for the zoo, we were going to get the annual pass and go all the time, but when Savannah seemed like she may not be a zoo person either we decided against the pass. We'll try again in another few years.
We also went to a birthday party, several actually, and ate cupcakes or more accurately, ate icing.



Went to the playground.


Hung out in the attic.


Napped in the car.


Got a new dress made by Gammie.

Celebrated Mommy's birthday...for a whole week.




Made brownies for Valentine's Day.

Celebrated Papa's 60th birthday but didn't take any pictures. :( But we did do a really cool thing, we compiled a video of 60 friends, families, co-workers, etc. sending birthday greetings. It was a total surprise and he loved it!
And while we were visiting we went to the Go Fish and, with James' help, Savannah caught her first fish! I wish we had pictures of her face when she reeled it in because it was priceless. As you can see, she wasn't so sure about it!


And went to the playground again with friends.

No comments:
Post a Comment