Coming up with crafts for E was quite difficult, you've obviously got elephant but it's not easy to make an elephant with a 2 year old. Thankfully I was able to find one that worked out well.
Please ignore the Oreo crumbs on her face...

|
| From Jul 9, 2011 |
While we were waiting for Mickey Mouse to go potty, he never went by the way, I noticed we had an empty toilet paper roll in the trash can so we also made this elephant.
James snapped this photo for me, you can see how we write the letter of the week on her chalkboard and then write words below it, we try to say those words frequently during the week and make sure we add that it starts with whatever letter we're working on. We've also started putting the letter of the week in her LeapFrog fridge phonics toy and playing it often.
In addition to the elephant we colored a picture of Elmo, not the best craft but she was excited about coloring. I also helped her to draw the letter E, and by help I mean grabbed her hand while she was holding the crayon and drew an E, but I don't think we got a photo of that...I'm sure you can imagine how that turned out. :)
And here she is checking out her flashcard for the letter E.
No comments:
Post a Comment