Friday, August 12, 2011

Letter C

This week we made a cow out of construction paper and bottle cap caterpillars.  I've got to find projects that don't involve the googly eyes, I put them on before I even put the project out for her thinking they'd be less interesting but she still tried, thankfully unsuccessfully, to pry them off.

For the cow I just used a paper plate as his body and then cut his spots, face, legs and tail out of construction paper.  I put the glue on the back and then let her put the spots wherever she wanted to, I helped her put everything else in place.
From Jul 9, 2011


From Jul 9, 2011

From Jul 9, 2011

From Jul 9, 2011


For the caterpillar we used caps from water bottles and colored on them with crayons then glued them onto a construction paper leaf.  This was the first project that she did most of it herself, usually I'm helping her along quite a bit.  Either this one was just easier and more exciting or I finally got smart and had everything we could possibly need set out before we got started so I didn't have to run back to the craft room (guest bedroom) to get something else.  Regardless, she seemed to really enjoy this one.
From Jul 9, 2011


From Jul 9, 2011

From Jul 9, 2011

From Jul 9, 2011

From Jul 9, 2011

I just noticed that I spelled caterpillar wrong on the finished project...I am so smrt.
From Jul 9, 2011


No comments: