We had her 2 year old check-up on Friday and she was like a different child at the doctor's office. She let them check everything without freaking out like she used to, the only thing she wasn't sure about was having her head measured. She had to get one vaccination (thankfully the last one until she starts Kindergarten) and she cried for maybe 10 seconds. Such a big girl. She is now in the 75th percentile for height (35"ish inches), 50th percentile for weight (27 lbs.) and her head is in the 95th percentile (whoa). The doctor commented that she was tall and average like her momma. Should I be offended that he called me average or be happy that he didn't say she got her big head from me?
If nothing else, being a mom has made me so incredibly emotional. Example #1, I'm crying as I type this. Example #2, as I was trying to get Savannah to nap yesterday I told her that it was her last day of being one and I wanted her to enjoy it so she needed to nap, which only made me cry and didn't make her start the nap any sooner.
For the first year of Savannah's life I wrote her a letter each month, I decided that after the first year I'd write her a letter for her birthday. James wrote her letters too, not as often as I did but he wrote some which is a victory in my book. What we'll do with these letters, I'm not sure. Below is an excerpt from her 2 year letter...
Dear Savannah,
Two years old. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that you are two. I can’t believe how quickly these past 2 years have gone by and I can’t believe how much joy you have brought to our lives. And I can’t believe that I cry every single time I write you one of these letters, I’m going to apologize in advance for sobbing on your first day of Kindergarten.
The last year has been nothing short of wonderful, you have turned into such an amazing little girl and while I’m sad that I no longer have a “baby” I’m looking forward to the next year and all the fun things we’ll get to do and the smiles that you will bring to my face.
Even though I occasionally take it for granted, I love that you still like to be rocked to sleep and although it makes me feel bad for your daddy, I love when you insist that it’s me that puts you to bed. You assert your independence a little more each day with your constant “me do it”, although lately everything has been "no, mommy do it." I don't mind though, I know the day is coming where you won't want me to do anything and you'll think I don't know anything about anything and that it will last for approximately 15 years.
Your vocabulary is exploding by the minute, seems like we are constantly hearing new words. Last week you found Gammie & Papa's Christmas card and when we asked you who lived in that house you said, without hestitation, "Gammie!" You can point to family pictures and name every single person and you will repeat almost anything we ask you to repeat, including the things you aren't supposed to say. Thanks to an accidental slip from your dad you said your first and only curse word just a few weeks ago, I’m a little sad that I wasn’t there to hear it but I’m sure it’s just the first word in a long line of words you aren’t supposed to say until you’re much older; and I’m sure that most of your bad words will be a result of you hearing me say them.
You are so silly and so incredibly smart. Just this past week you went from just singing ‘a-b-c-d-e-f-g’ to singing all the way to the letter ‘p’ we had been trying to get you to sing the next two letters for a month but you obviously weren’t ok with that, you took it a step further and added the next 9 letters. And just today on the way to the beach we found out that you know the entire alphabet. You love to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and you sing it often in varying volumes, I think my favorite is the somewhat angry version. When we ask you how old you are you proudly say "Two!" and you've been working really hard on holding up 2 fingers but you haven't quite got the hang of that yet.
You don’t like to sit still unless it’s to watch Handy Manny, Finding Nemo or Toy Story and you are actutally quite protective of your Toy Story characters declaring Sherriff Woody to be "my Woody" whenever you want to watch the movie. You love to have dance parties, jump up and down all over the furniture and run up and down the hallway or the sidewalk. You like being outside more than anything else, you are constantly telling us that you want to go outside, your dad and I can be drenched in sweat but you don't even seem to feel the heat. You absolutely adore swimming especially at ZZ's pool, and you have embraced the arm flotaties so much that you stick your arms out willingly.
...
And photos from her milk & cookies themed 2nd Birthday Party...
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
| From 2nd Birthday |
No comments:
Post a Comment