Friday, May 20, 2011
Random Ramblings…
…of a disgruntled working mom.
You may remember a post a while back where I talked about breastfeeding and a gripe I had with something a childhood friend had posted on Facebook. Well, she strikes again. This morning as I’m scrolling through my news feed, I come across this:
If someone had told me I would get a maximum of 5.5 hrs of sleep a night for over 2 weeks while {her child} was teething and as little as 2 hrs, I seriously would not have wanted kids.
I am seething and I cannot even comment on her post because it won’t be very nice, so instead I’ll say it here.
Ok, first of all. Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting! One thing that bothers me the most about this is that every month for over a year she would post how she was so upset because she wasn’t pregnant. Well, guess what? YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED. I have so many friends, acquaintances, co-workers, etc. that can’t have kids and would give their right arm to be able to carry their own child or heck, even take yours off your hands if you’re so freaking unhappy.
And I know what you’re probably thinking; gosh Brooke, have you considered maybe she has post-partum depression? And yes, I have considered it and while I don’t know much about PPD, I have read that it typically doesn’t last more than the first few months and her child is approaching his first birthday. Yes, there are special cases, but based on her other FB posts I don’t think PPD is the case.
Yes, sometimes you get a little less sleep than you’d like and sometimes you get a little more crying than you’d like but some days, most days, you get more smiles and laughter than you’d ever thought possible; these are things that come with having a child.
The other that really bothers me is she is a stay-at-home mom. Try getting by on 2-5 ½ hours of sleep and getting up and going to work the next day! And before I anger anyone, I KNOW that being a SAHM is not easy by any means and is often a lot more work than actually working. Hell, I’d give BOTH my arms to change places with her. Let her come sit at a desk all day and have the guilt of missing out on so much of her child’s life on top of less sleep than she’d prefer.
This is life with a child, get used to it.
We’re off to Disney again this weekend, I’ll be sure to post some pictures next week as well us a proper update on my child, who I think is the greatest thing since sliced bread regardless of how little sleep I get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, who posts something like that?!? I mean, complain about no sleep, that's fine, but to be so flippant is ridiculous!!
Boo-yah! I feel the SAME way!!!! I have my days where I feel like I could scream..but I thank God everyday that we were so lucky to have ours.
Post a Comment