Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sorry for the lack of updates, the time change has us all out of whack.  Savannah has been going to bed a little bit later which is great because we get more time to play but also sort of bad because by the time we start bath and bed time she's exhausted and VERY cranky.

She's picked speed with her crawling, she's all over the place and it's really cute.


She's also pulling up on everything and walking around the coffee table and her music table.  This is one of her new favorite spots:
From SGN - 9th month

From SGN - 9th month



On top of it getting darker later, dinner seems to be taking a lot longer these days.  I'll give you 2 guesses as to why...
From SGN - 9th month

From SGN - 9th month

From SGN - 9th month

Their butts are planted next to her now that her food is a little more to their liking and she's very interested in keeping them entertained.  I have considered putting them outside while she eats but I'd rater she get used to them now so we're not dealing with this in a couple years.

She is definitely our daughter, we don't exactly demand more food the way she does but we do get pretty cranky when we're hungry. (There is some vaccuuming going on in the background, James didn't know I was recording.)


We've recently added zucchini, papaya, mango and kiwi to her ever expanding menu. Thankfully she doesn't seem to be anywhere near as picky as I am.  Since the only fruits I eat are grapes and apples, I've had some learning to do about when fruits are ripe and when things are in season.  She also eats graham crackers (and likes to feed them to the dogs) and occassionally Cheerio's.

graham crackers + no bib = big mess
From SGN - 9th month


There was also a brief stint with pureed beef.

It might look like ground beef in the picture but I assure it's more like meat paste. Mmmm, appetizing.
From SGN - 9th month


The first night she had it she woke up around 12:45 a.m. with a tummy ache and terrible gas, we weren't sure if it was a result of the beef or something I ate so we went back to chicken the next night.  We gave the beef another go two nights later, I'll spare you the gory details but as the result of some projectile vomit we went through 4 pairs of pajamas and took a bath at 4 a.m.  James got a stomach bug a few days later so it likely wasn't the beef but we aren't real anxious to try it again anytime soon.

2 comments:

Jennifer Britt said...

Savannah is such an awesome eater! With me being a picky eater as well, I don't branch out with Alexandra as much (but still give her a lot of things that i don't eat)! You'll have to let me know how you are preparing her Zuchinni, papya and mango. We've also tried giving Alexandra chicken, but she doesn't seem to like it so much!

You are such a great mommy, Brooke!!!!

Brooke said...

Thanks, Jen!

She IS an aweseome eater, I always say she eats better than I do!

For the zucchini, I peeled it, steamed it and pureed it in the food proessor. For all the fruits I just peel them and puree them, I did bake and steam some of them at first but now I just prepare them raw.