Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Today...

...Savannah is 7 months old!  How did this happen so quickly?  I went to the first birthday party for a friends adorable twin boys over the weekend, I can't believe that we'll be watching our little Princess smash her way through a cake in just 5 short months.  I'm tearing up just thinking about it.

...I did something I thought I'd never do. I sent my child to daycare while I am home and I hate it. It is nearly 2 pm and I'm still in my pajamas, I should clarify that I did take a shower and put on clean pajamas. I came down with the same swine flu mysterious illness that James had last week, high fever, achiness, general malaise and a prescription for Tamiflu (actually Relenza for me since it's supposed to be safer for breast feeding) as a precaution but no official diagnosis so I'm home wasting a day away on the couch.  So far, knock on wood, Savannah hasn't come down with it.  She did have a very, very low grade fever (99.4) last night but otherwise she has been fine.  I think the fever may have had to do more with teething than illness.  I've read everywhere that there is no medical reason that teething would cause fever, blah, blah, blah but I've heard time and time again from friends that it does.  I really think we are very close to her first tooth, the drooling is not as abundunt but there is not a second that passes where she doesn't have something in her mouth - usually her entire fist.

I think I'll arm myself with hand sanitizer and a mask and go pick my baby up now.  But not until I leave you with a few pictures.

She looks like such a big girl sitting in the chair all by herself. 
From SGN - 7th month


From SGN - 7th month

2 comments:

Carrie S. said...

Happy 7 months!

Hope you feel better Brooke. :)

Tonia said...

She is so cute! What a sweet princess!