Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sleep Training

As hard as it was, I used the long holiday weekend for a little sleep training.  Prior to becoming a mom, I thought I'd have no problem letting my children cry it out - turns out, I do have a problem with it.  But then again, there are a lot of things I thought about parenting and what kind of parent I would be before I became one.   But that's a different post for a different day.

Anyway.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday night we let her cry and each night we saw a bit of improvement.  She still woke up crying several times in the night, we just didn't go into comfort her. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to stick.  The past 2 nights she has cried, fussed and/or whimpered for an hour straight before I break down and go in there, I can't sleep through her crying so I get to a point where I have to comfort her so I can get some sleep.  James on the other hand, has no problem sleeping through it - he can actually fall asleep while listening to her cry through the monitor!  So, no New Year's Eve miracle but we're working on it.


From SGN - 7th month


Kisses for mommy.
From SGN - 7th month

No comments: