Friday, July 17, 2009

Home Alone

James went back to work on July 6th after having taken the entire week before off to be with Savannah and I. The night before he asked me if I was nervous to be home alone with the babe, I think I surprised him when I said, "Not at all!"

I have absolutely loved being at home with her so far and I know it's only been 3 weeks but I could definitely get used to not working. She mostly eats, sleeps and poops but she is slowly starting to be a little more alert during the day and is overall completly adorable. I am absolutely smitten and just in awe that we created such a perfect and precious little girl, I never get tired of looking at her cute little nose and laughing at all the funny faces and noises she makes when she's sleeping. Heck, I even think her crying is cute!

Seriously, how could you not love this face?


I do have to admit to occasionally getting a bit of cabin fever during the day but that is something I can easily change when I want to, I have plenty of friends that are teachers and home for the summer plus a few stay at home mom friends that I can get together with...or Target is only 3 miles away, I can always find something I need at Target.

I've been trying to give her a little bit of tummy time everyday so that she can strengthen her neck muscles and so that she doesn't get a bald spot. She initially hated it but I think she's growing to like it more and more.






No comments: