These dogs are going to drive me nuts before maternity leave is over, taking care of Savannah during the day is a breeze compared to taking care of them. They want to go out every 5 minutes and then want to come in as soon as they step outside. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it feels like I'm constantly opening and closing the sliding glass door. They always wait until Savannah wants to nurse and we're all settled in and if they don't go out or come in together the other will want in as I'm sitting back down or back to doing whatever it was I was busy with. Thank God their barking doesn't bother her at all. They can bark right next to her head and she doesn't stir.
On top of their constant need to go in and out, one of them has been acting out by peeing on the bed in the guest bedroom!! It seems to be happening in the middle of the night so it has to be Sadie as Gracie is in our bedroom all night. I first discovered it on Sunday morning but that definitely wasn't the first time as some of the pillow were really stained and were quickly thrown out. Luckily, there is a mattress pad cover on that bed so the mattress isn't destroyed. I LOVE washing the sheets, comforter, pillowcases and mattress pad cover and then doing it again 2 days later when no one has slept in the bed.
Onto the firsts...
On Wednesday I gave Savannah her first 'medicine' in the form of gas relief drops. Poor thing was so uncomfortable and her whole body was beet red from crying, her little tummy was hard as a rock. I tried them on a whim hoping that was the problem and it worked like magic, she was so much more peaceful and happy the rest of the day. Clearly it's something I'm eating, I know she is sensitive to onions but she also seems to be sensitive to cow's milk. I don't like straight milk but I do enjoy cereal, chocolate milk and lattes - Starbucks holds a special place in my heart. I bought some vanilla soy milk yesterday and tried it for the first time today, I expected to hate it but thankfully I was pleasantly surprised!
Last night was the first time I went out without her for 4 whole hours! I had taken quick trips to Target and Publix but this was the longest time I hadn't been with her. I had a great dinner with my girl friends and I'm so thankful to have a husband that isn't afraid to watch her by himself for a few hours...even it it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be. The first thing James said when I walked in the door was, "I don't know how you do it." LOL (I think it's easier when the food supply is readily available and doesn't have to be thawed.)
Tomorrow we are taking my mom up on her constant offers to babysit and we're going to see a movie! I know she'll be fine and that she's in great hands but I'll still be texting every 8 minutes just to make sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment