I had planned to take Savannah to the beach but Mother Nature had different plans that went by the name Tropical Storm Debby. Fortunately we were lucky and just had a lot of rain for days, no power outages, damage or anything of that sort. Short on options for affordable, inside, age appropriate activities I decided we'd try story time at the main branch of the public library. Savannah likes for us to read to her but usually by the fourth page of a book she's more interested in turning the pages and getting to the end. I said all that to say, I wasn't sure if she'd like it but I figured we had nothing to lose except maybe my pride at having the only child to not like story time. Thankfully, she absolutely loved it. Major props to the staff at the library for putting together such a wonderful program. There were so many children there and I was afraid she was going to be shy, and she was at first, but she warmed up and even told the story time leader her name during the introduction.
The children sat in the middle of the floor and all the parents sat on benches around the perimter of the room, they sang songs and read 4 or 5 books and then they had some play time, we then moved to a different room for the craft portion which she loved equally as much. It's been about 6 weeks since we've been and she still brings it up at least once a week, needless to say we will be going back again soon!
After story time we went to Chick-Fil-A for some lunch and then to pick up a birthday cupcake for dessert that evening because you have to blow out candles on your birthday even if you've already had your party.
Listening to the story.
| From June 27, 2012 |
| From June 27, 2012 |
| From June 27, 2012 |
| From June 27, 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment