Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Life Update

Ocassionally we do things other than work on our alphabet craft projects.

As I have mentioned, we moved for the better part of a month so obviously much of our time has been consumed with that but we have managed to have some fun too.

And in case you're wondering why it is we have so long to move out, we had renters move in but their lease didn't start until November 1. But since they have to be out of their old place on November 1 we agreed to let them start moving in a few days early. Just a word of advice, plan on moving in a weekend because if you give yourself a month to move out of a place you're going to use every single day of that month to do so. But, we got everything out and cleaned the place top to bottom so at least we've got everything at the new house...it might be in boxes in the garage, but at least it's there.

I was really concerned about how Savannah was going to handle the move, my two biggest concerns were that was she going to be confused and ask when we were going home and that she wasn't going to sleep well in her new room because it was unfamiliar to her. Luckily, she seemed to adjust very, very quickly. I'm not sure if it helped or not, but prior to the move we talked about the new house quite often with her and we didn't move any of her things or even begin to pack her room until moving day. I'm thrilled to report that she had no trouble adapting to a new environment, she's sleeping really well **knock on wood** and hasn't even mentioned anything about the old house. We (my MIL and I) did take her over there one weekend in our seemingly neverending quest to get everything out of the house and while we were there she asked where her room and her piggy bank were so I think she might have been a little confused but she never said another word about it.

I think Savannah's favorite part of the move, and probably ours too, is that she has a playroom which means we don't have 5,489,736 of her toys strewn about the living room. I'm sure over time they will migrate to other areas of the house but so far they have stayed mostly in the playroom. It's really nice for our living room to be clean without having to try to stack toys in an orderly fashion.
From 27th Month
From 27th Month
From 27th Month
Gammie & Papa came to visit and their visit just happened to be the weekend of the semi-annual neighborhood garage sale - prior to having Savannah I wasn't big on garage sales but I have since learned about the amazing deals you can get on kids toys! I have been on the hunt for a bicycle trailer for quite a while, I wasn't interested in paying upwards of $100 for a new one so I told everyone that I wanted that for Christmas. Well, imagine my delight when we found one for $20 during the garage sale!! Merry Christmas to me! We purchased it on Saturday morning and by Sunday afternoon we had it hooked up and biked to get frozen yogurt. Luckily Savannah seems to enjoy it as much as we do!
Safety first!
From November 8, 2011

ready to go
From November 8, 2011

Hanging out on the dock in our neighborhood with Gammie & Papa
From 27th Month

And we took our final trip to Disney, well at least for a few years. Our seasonal passes expired the first weekend in November so we had to make one last trip down and there was no question if Savannah enjoyed it because she is definitely into all things Disney.

Ready to go!
From 28th Month
Meeting her new favorite characters, the Little Einsteins.  This was actually a really cute moment - she had stood in line checking them out and then went over and said hello to them when it was her turn, then all of a sudden she turns around and says, "It's the Little Einstein's!!"
From November 8, 2011
From November 8, 2011

Stroller racing with Fisher.
All tuckered out on the bus from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios.
From November 8, 2011
Waiting to ride the Toy Story ride.
From November 8, 2011
From November 8, 2011
Bath time!
From 28th Month
From 28th Month


1 comment:

daega99 said...

The playroom looks like fun!