Clearly I am terrible at keeping the blog up to date. Our computer was out of commission for a bit thanks to a certain toddler, but it’s been operational again for almost a month now so I don’t even have a good excuse…well, except for playing with Savannah. She is LOVING the longer days and so are we, it is so nice not to have to rush to get dinner on the table just so we can play outside before it gets dark.
As you can see, unless you're reading this via an RSS reader, I've changed the color scheme and we are no longer titled Princess Savannah but only because occasionally I might write about something other than her, but then again, maybe not considering how I've proven my excellence at keeping things up to date.
We’ve had a very busy few weeks with some sort of obligation every weekend…thankfully this weekend we have very little planned.
The weekend of March 12th was the River Run, while neither of us ran it we do have a tradition of going to Krystal’s afterward with a friend of ours and traditions are not made to be broken. And, we just happen to love Krystal’s so any reason is a good reason.
The next weekend, March 19th, we covered all parts of the city. I attended a bridal shower and then we went to a 1st birthday party literally all the way across town but both events were fun and for dear friends so no complaints from us!
The bride and her maids.
Then on March 26th I participated in the 4th Annual MS Mud Run which is a 6 mile adventure race. Basically it is a run through, well, mud with boot camp style obstacles throughout the course. It was difficult but it was fun and it was for a great cause, huge thanks again to everyone who supported me through donations. I learned that I am definitely not cut out to be in the military and that getting really dirty isn’t so bad. I was sore for days afterward but I’m already looking forward to next year!
We also attended a wedding that evening and went to the park after church the next day.
Savannah and her friend, Emma Ryan, who served as the flower girl.
The next weekend we did what I am referring to as the Tour de Georgia…over 700 miles in 3 days. But, we got to see ALL the family and attend our nephews 1st birthday party so it was definitely worth the frustration of a cranky, cranky toddler who decided napping in the car and in general was overrated.
birthday boy
And that brings us to last weekend where I served as Matron of Honor as my lifelong friend, Sharri, married her soul mate. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband that is also an amazing father, he sucessfully kept Savannah quiet during the ceremony (she is quite the chatterbox these days e days) and the chased her around endlessly at the reception so that I could take care of all things wedding related. Thankfully Grandma ZZ was there as well so she was able to do a little toddler chasing of her own.
Beautified and ready to walk down the aisle!
No comments:
Post a Comment