We haven't really had very much blog worthy action around these parts lately but I think I can pull together a highlights reel...
Earlier this month Savannah, Grandma and I took a quick trip down to Tampa for my nephew's baptism, we had a great time but I kept joking that it was the worst weekend of her life because most of the time she was restrained in either a carseat or highchair, but she did really well considering she's on the move constantly and doesn't like to sit still. I was so happy when we got to the party and there were kids her age to play with, unfortunately she wanted nothing to do with them except when they had food to share...wonder where she learned that from?
They wouldn't let us take pictures during the baptism ceremony and by the time it was over, Fisher was hungry and therefore not a very happy baby so we didn't go too many afterward either. He actually did really well with the actual baptism part, the water didn't seem to bother him in the least!
Lunch and party...
This look says, "Mom, I am over these pictures. Where's my mac & cheese?"
Savannah's 5th tooth poked through on August 16th, no pictures yet but the internet tells me it's her left lateral incisor or for those of us that aren't the least bit intersted in dentistry, the one next to her top front tooth. I can feel the one on the other side but it hasn't poked through yet.
Unfortunately those teeth resulted in what I think she would call her worst week ever - lots of drooling and swallowing of extra saliva caused lots and lots of pooping and diaper rash like we've never seen. Poor thing would scream whenever we laid her on the changing table and it only got worse once her little tush had to be wiped. Thankfully Grandma had the week off and was able to take care of her and give her lots of extra love so she didn't have to go to daycare. Yay Grandma!
It has been raining almost every afternoon and we've discovered that she loves to play in the rain, or at least play on the porch while it rains.
I got bored while we were driving to Tampa and since Savannah was relatively immobile due to the carseat, I took the opportunity to paint her toes! I had nail polish all over me but we managed not to get any on her or in the car, which I know my mom is thankful for.
And some random pictures from the month...
No comments:
Post a Comment