In the Homestretch
Princess Savannah's 1st Birthday is approaching with unrelenting speed, I've tried everything I can think of to make her stay at 11 months and 29 (30?) days forever but my super powers seem to have failed me.
I stalled on ordering the invitations only to freak out when I though they wouldn't be here in enough time to put them in the mail, only to get them in plenty of time - I like to think an amazing employee at Shutterfly took pity on me noticing that the date for her party was getting close and hooked me up with free expedited shipping. I still haven't planned the food for her birthday party, something that is very unlike me and I haven't made her practice birthday cake. I think in my mind all of the procrastination means it won't happen. But in reality, I'm only going to be stressed out at this time next week.
We are most definitley in the homestretch of nursing - she dropped her afternoon bottle last week, which took a lot of pressure off of me with pumping at work and I'm down to pumping once a day. She still nurses in the morning and at night, in addition to a morning bottle, so she's still getting enough milk each day. I'm very proud to say that she has never had formula, I know that being able to produce enough milk to pump and nurse exclusively for an entire year is rare and I am so thankful for it. I did smell like maple syrup for a month (which may have been in my head) from taking Fenugreek to boost my production but luckily everyone seems to like the smell of pancakes. I've been slowly introducing regular milk back into my diet and so far she hasn't had any of the problems with it that she did before, so hopefully she'll be ok drinking it straight and we won't have to go the soy milk route.
As for milestones, she seems to really enjoy eating whatever we're eating - I made a turkey meatloaf the other night that she devoured and she seems to enjoy pasta as much as I do. She is dangerously close to walking, constantly standing on her own now and will take a few steps (her record is 6!) in between James and I or between us and whatever object she can catch herself on when she loses her balance. She has mastered the sippy cup and is really great at independent play. She loves to explore new things and she has started flipping through books on her own, her current favorite being Pat the Bunny.
1 comment:
I can't believe our little ones are growing up so fast. A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you, Brooke, on making it a year with no formula. That is a phenomenal accomplishment. Congrats also to James because as I know, we couldn't do it without the help of our fabulous husbands! Keep up the great work - she's beautiful!!!
Post a Comment