...but were to polite to ask.
*Quick recap - at my monthly appointment in March the doctor told us that after delivery they would send the baby to pathology in hopes of determining what went wrong, he said they may never know but that was the best chance of figuring it out (other than an amnio which we weren't intersted in doing because it has a small chance of miscarriage associated with it). *
I had my 6 week check-up last Friday (all is well with me) and my doctor had the pathology report back on our baby boy. The report noted that all the limbs were intact with the correct number of digits and the anatomy appeared to be that of a male. His weight was about 130 grams (the equivalent of a stick of butter) and approximately 13 cm in length. And that there was coiling of the umbilical cord. I did a little research and cord coiling leads to fetal demise 37% of the time.
We didn't see him at delivery. We had decided with my doctor that they would look at him first and determine whether or not we should see him, they decided we probably shouldn't. I am glad we didn't because I think I'd much rather remember an image on an ultrasound.
After a visit from the social worker in the hospital, which is a story in itself, we decided to have him creamated and get the ashes. We are letting the hosptial handle everything so won't have them for several months and we haven't decided what we'll do with the ashes once we have them.
No comments:
Post a Comment